Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Hollar if You're Ready for Summer Nights"

Finito! I am done with my semester from hell. And with Drury. :( Kinda sad about leaving because I've made some great friends in my department and love my professors! But I will stay in touch with the important ones because they've asked me to nanny for them this summer. I met their kids Thursday night when I did a "test run" to see if they liked me. Of course they liked me, what kid doesn't!? Avery is the oldest and Rowan is the youngest. Both are adorable boys and smarter than you would think. Avery loves babysitters (yay for me) and while his mom was trying to tell me things about the house he kept interrupting her. "Miss Chelsea, come here!" or "Miss Chelsea, I wanna show you something!" It was adorable, I haven't been called "Miss Chelsea" since my CrossTraining days...

So that's one thing I will be up to this summer. Another job I will have this summer is Baglady. Duh. I will be in charge of the website and inventory more than anything. Mom is enrolling me in a webdesign class and I'm going to try and create this vision I have in my head for the site.

My best friend from high school is getting married to the love of her life June 27, 2009 and I will be a bridesmaid. She is 4 days younger than me born on my expected due date of November 4th. We always say that is why we are friends, haha. My new roommate (more on that below) and I are throwing her a personal shower in a few weeks at our new place. I am soo excited! I love planning parties, cooking for people, and girls nights! Check. Then we get to throw her a bacholorette party...which is going down in the books as the greatest night ever. Check.

Mom and I are going back to Atlanta for market!! Annnnd we are staying at the Ritz Carlton downtown!! I am sooo excited to go back :) Starbucks a block away and the market 2 blocks away. I don't know what it is about places that you can walk everywhere, nice people greeting you every 10 steps, and beautiful scenery, but I'm in love with it all. When we went to Breck this past winter it was the same way. I think it's a sneak peak of where I will live someday...with Rings&Rattles 2 blocks away.

I banked on selling my books back this year...it might have been because I had 20 to sell back, but who's keeping track? Anyway, most of it I applied to my car loan, but another hunk of it is going to be spent at bookstores :) My Summer Reading list...I am such a nerd, but one of my favorite things about summer is grabbing a book, curling up at my parents in the screened in porch, and getting lost in another world. The Shack, 20 Wishes, Above the Line, This Side of Heaven, and a few more that I know my friend, Pummill, will throw my way.

I move out and in Wednesday! I am SO excited to move in with Katelyn! I have a few of my favorite boys I get to boss around Wednesday when they help me move. :)

For now I will leave you with a few good tunes:
Breakeven
First in Line
Summer Nights

signiture

2 comments:

  1. LOL...of COURSE I will be throwing books your way!! Speaking of, I gotta get back to the yarn book. Not gonna lie, I was skeptical about this book, but really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD! You need #2 and I need #4...I forsee a B&N stop soon!

    ReplyDelete