Monday, August 10, 2009

O-S-U...Cowboys!

Soo I am a Cowgirl...again! I can't believe I'm starting this process, but I have regretted not finishing what I started there almost everyday.

It all started Friday when my mom and I went for our 3 mile walk. A lot happens on these walks, they are sacred and refreshing...not to mention a total hiney kicker ;) We talk shop, life, love, family, dogs (we love our pups), and our dreams. Sometimes I slide in a request or two which is what I had intended on doing this particular time. I had seen this old wooden desk I wanted to restore and use in my room, but I needed a little support from mommy and daddy to make it until my next paycheck. Little did I know that when we returned from our walk not only would I not be getting this beautiful desk, but I was compiling a list of names and numbers to contact to re-enroll at Oklahoma State. I was...well, I was a lot of things. I was nervous about telling my roommate whom I've come to love and find a unique friendship with and my favorite teacher..I mean friend, HEATHER, that I was moving out and away. I was pumped to tell Hal, Shelby, and Kelsi I was BACK! I was super sad to leave my mom and the store that I practically run. Most of all I was scared and upset to be leaving my MSU family I had come to know and love this past year.

I would not change my time away in any way shape or form. I know that these friendships I am leaving for the time being will be here no matter what I am doing. These are my friends through the good and the bad, the near and the far. They have all proved that very fact to be by being here this last week I have and supporting me fully and inderstanding my decision. I do not want them to think I am leaving because I do not enjoy being in Springfield, because that is not the case at all! I need to do this for myself as selfish as that sounds, but who wants to live with a regret that's changable?

I honestly want and need to do this for myself, but I continuously was asking "Why would I uproot my perfect life here?" I had a job, babysitting families, a mentor, allllllllll my friends, my MOTHER, my family...the list goes on. But what I was missing was having that experience I wanted from OSU and being able to go back and succeed this time. God started opening doors Saturday morning so I went with my gut and pressed on.

I am still in the process of finalizing everything, but fingers crossed and heart in prayer I know that whatever is suppose to be will be...


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, you called me Heather. :) I really am excited about your new adventure. I am really sad you'll be gone, but it will make me look that much more excited about "Hump Day" emails. FYI, if you don't stay in contact with me, I WILL hunt you down!!

    ReplyDelete