Thursday, June 11, 2009

"My Boyfriend's Back and You're Gonna Be in Trouble."

I went back to work yesterday. It was SO nice having a whole 5 days off! Well, I may have babysat a bit in there somewhere, but regardless it was still a nice break. Pool days, went to the lake, and wedding festivities! The results: a tanned and well-rested me!

The lake was so much fun. It makes me miss our old lake house a lot. I still go to our dock from time to time. It's so peaceful. Carrie and I drove down Saturday morning and skied (Ok, I attempted but failed), extreme tubed, and layed out. It was amazing and beautiful and the weather was perfect! They cooked on the campfire that night (my favorite smell) and we played only the best games ever: Truth or Dare: The Book and Name the Song. Lots of laughs :) It rained Sunday morning, but turned out to be another nice day. I spent most of it in the shade...I was too burnt from the day before ha! I read a lot of The Shack. I didn't agree with it at first but then I went back and re-read it and it's turning out to be a pretty good book. I am learning something which surprised me, but then again we're talking about me here.

Monday I went to get my bridesmaid dress altered with the other girls...I have 3 things working against me for this wedding:
1. long dress - outside summer wedding
2. hair down - outside summer wedding
3. short - we are wearing flats
haha, it makes me laugh, but doing a bunch of wedding stuff that day made me excited for the actual wedding weekend. It will be fun!

Katelyn (My new roomie who I LOVE!!) helped me plan the personal shower for next Wednesday. I will be baking my life away all Sunday afternoon.

Tuesday I released my inner soccer mom and now am the owner of a child's car seat. The little boy I am watching this summer, Avery, is 5 and is a hoot and a half. We had a lot of fun on our first official day together. He started to tell me his mom was pregnant and had her baby last night (being Monday night). I knew his mom reallly well. She would kill him if she knew he said that. Avery reassured me it was just a "joke." Over the course of the afternoon he told several more "jokes." Little boys and their over-active imaginations.

Wednesday night=Vine night. I actually went to post-game this week with a few friends and SHOCkEr: didn't drive! That made me very happy and more willing to go! We played putt-putt. Needless to say that I was in the running for highest putter. Carrie and I tried to get Daniel (Vine Pastor) to think that I beat him by one point...and he did until Carrie started laughing!

Not really sure why I just gave a run-down of my last few days, but there it is.

I am playing golf for the 3rd time tomorrow morning and hope it does not get rained out! I have a feeling I'm going to need as much practice as I can get.

"Listen to the beat of your heart. Once you find the beat you will always walk in tune."

No comments:

Post a Comment