Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baking, Pumpkins, and Fall!

If you know me, you already know this, but I love baking, cooking, and everything associated with it! I have been sick all last week and did nothing but sleep. So Saturday when I woke up and was feeling better, I decided to get a lot of things done that I had been putting off and didn't have the energy for.
Task #1: BAKING!! I made wassail and pumpkin muffins. Here are the muffins:


  • 1 box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
  • 1 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • candy corn
  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.{However, I used water. OOPS! They still turned out moist and yummy though!}
  2. Bake cupcakes 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
  3. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.{Annd I also added some spice to this frosting because it needed something extra}


While I LOOVEE baking, I feel bad because once I'm done, I eat one to make sure it's a good recipe and then the rest potentially could go to waste. {BUT Katelyn graciously took them to work for me :)} I try to give away the leftovers to any willing parties. It's just fun to bake, but let's face it, I don't want to pack on the pounds of my passion.

Now, the wassail:
2 1/4 cups of Pineapple Juice
2 cups of Orange Juice
2 quarts of Apple Juice
1 tsp whole cloves
1/2 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
let brew and boil over stove...and enjoy the smell!

I also met with my mentor Saturday morning and talked about my previous post. It was a really good chat and I got a lot of questions answered. We decided to challenge each other to wake up a few minutes earlier for some Jesus time and praying this week. I am not so good in the mornings lately, but I really hope I get use to this new routine.

So, I have a new TV show obsession: Castle! It's a show about a murder mystery writer who follows around a beautiful cop for inspiration. Soo good! Along with DH, Grey's, and Brothers & Sisters I have some busy evenings.

School is starting to pick up and test are starting to pile on, but I feel like I have a good handle on them so far...well, minus accounting. That may never happen. HA!

Those are my tidbits for now,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!!!! I could eat one of those...or two, or three! And I never got any of your soup! You'll have to make it again. :)

    ReplyDelete