Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rambles and Mumbles.

Oh goodness, where to start? I have felt incredibly blessed these past few days. I don't want to think/talk/acknowledge it because usually when I acknowledge good things they usually go in the opposite direction within a week. But this is just too much of a good thing to keep bottled up!

It seems like right when life starts to get really busy is when my social life begins to boom again. And I can't say no. If I say no, then I usually get the rep. of never available for anything, so I say yes...always. I love saying yes, it's like my favorite word. Sometime it's good, others it's bad. Recently, it's been amazing! I am having the time of my life and finally understand what people are saying when they say college is the time of your life! Family, friends, life...it's all wonderful!

Singing. I love a good jam session with or without people. It's very soothing to me. Saturday night, well Friday night to begin with a few of my friends got me to sing for them (which rarely just *snap* happens). It wasn't so bad...I even got a "You have a beautiful voice." which is always nice to hear when you are so insecure about it. It got me thinking about American Idol and my audition from last year...I need to be smarter about my song choice and find my voice's perfect match for a genre. Then Saturday night another one of my friends found out I sang for the others and wanted to sing with me...so we hid out and sang to YouTube videos. It was hilarious. He wasn't very confident in his voice and I had no idea what to tell him because I hadn't heard his voice. Finally, I got him to "belch" it. (Sidenote: He thought it was "belch it out" instead of "belt it out" ahahahaha, love it!) Great voice. Great voice. It was so fun to be able to sing like that again. I have missed it.

My sister's club team qualified for nationals Sunday. It's in Miami, FL. Guess who will be missing that trip? Yep, me. My friend, Jerra, is getting married and I'm in the wedding and it's the exact same date...go figure. Oh well, this wedding is going to be so much fun with all my girls! Now all I need to do is get myself a date since most of my single guy friends will be at my other friend, Eric's, wedding that exact same day. Ironic, huh?

So I got PSE and here's my work in progress for my Mother's day card...
I started with this picture of a cute card we sell at Baglady...
I need to figure out how to make my photo B&W and then I am going to frame it and add some glass glitter. Possibly add more detail with a stenciled eraser, but I still haven't mastered how to do that. We'll see what master piece I can pull out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment